My daughter is ADHD, ODD, violent and I need to get her help.

How do I find the help for my daughter that she needs? She is ADHD, ODD and violent, but I believe it to be more than that as it’s like she has no feelings. She is doing street drugs and any and all forms of pills she can buy. She is sexually active and hanging out with street kids. I have had police, social services, doctors, teachers, family all involved but its like every one just passes her on to someone else. I need to know how to help my daughter before it to late for her, any help you could offer me would be wonderful, I just need someone to step up and help me help her.

The most important things you can do are:

  1. Keep a relationship with her. Stay in touch with her no matter what she does. Listen to her. Pay attention to what she does well.
  2. Make clear what you expect of her.
  3. Don’t get angry.
  4. Give her consequences when you can.
  5. Choose the professional who has been most helpful. Ask them to help you get help for her. Don’t give up.

I don’t know how old she is or how much control you have…

In most provinces and states, if your daughter is under 16 years of age, the Children’s Aid (or its equivalent) must respond to you. Ask them in writing for a plan. If they don’t respond, take your request to the head of the Agency. If they don’t respond take your case to your local member of the legislature.

This entry was posted in Behaviour and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.