- My husband and I disagree about screen time for our three-year-old.
- My son is awake for long periods at night and cries if I don’t hold him.
- Is there anything I can do to help my sister escape her abusive relationship?
- How can I help my daughter? She has attempted suicide twice in the last three years.
- New Siblings – Video
- zandile patience on What can I do to reduce my stomach fat?
- AEG on Is tickling a cause for concern?
- Dr. Pat on My daughter-in-law won’t let me see my grandchildren, what can I do?
TagsADHD alcohol anger anxiety attention attention defecit disorder behaviour bullying consequences control criticism crying death depression diagnosis discipline divorce doctor expectations family family doctor fear genetics hitting ignore medication mental health pediatrician positive potty training psychologist punishment referral relationship reward school screaming sleep stress support teacher teenager time out treatment TV
Author Archives: Dr. Pat
My sister is in an emotionally abusive relationship. He is also unfaithful. After she married him I slowly watched her cut all ties with her friends and then she started to cut ties with the family. She refuses to see … Continue reading
My daughter is 16 and has attempted suicide twice in the last three years by taking pills. Her biological father committed suicide when she was four months old and her brother was two. He had a mental illness and my … Continue reading
My twelve-year-old daughter is getting too old to take children’s medication, but she finds it virtually impossible to swallow a pill. If she has a fever or prescription, we have a very difficult time getting her medication into her. How … Continue reading
Our twelve-year-old daughter has spent the last ten months in devastating pain after a soccer injury. We have tried everything and nothing is helping. Finally we have had a so-called diagnosis of Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome. I am a Canadian … Continue reading
My Son is now 24, when he was younger he walked in circles on the playground and had a lot of fears, but he was very smart. Teachers never said anything about these behaviours because he was so smart. But … Continue reading