- Just in time for flu season: It Doesn’t Have to Hurt
- Should we force our kids to spend time with the grandparents?
- Should we tell our cousins that the man who raised them was not their biological father?
- My daughter is seeing a therapist and is on medication but I don’t think it is helping.
- I have a twin sister who is married to a man I cannot get along with.
- zandile patience on What can I do to reduce my stomach fat?
- AEG on Is tickling a cause for concern?
- Dr. Pat on My daughter-in-law won’t let me see my grandchildren, what can I do?
TagsADHD alcohol anger anxiety attention attention defecit disorder behaviour bullying consequences control criticism crying depression discipline divorce doctor eating expectations family family doctor fear friends genetics hitting ignore medication mental health pediatrician positive potty training psychologist punishment referral relationship respect reward school screaming sleep stress support teacher teenager treatment TV
Tag Archives: cognitive behaviour therapy
My ten-year-old daughter has been exhibiting symptoms of OCD. I noticed her chapped hands about three months ago and since then she has developed checking rituals which involve lengthy examinations of her clothing, arms and hands. She does not wish … Continue reading
Can some OCDs be treated without medication? People with OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder have repeated unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and engage in repeated unwanted behaviors (compulsions). Some examples of OCD are: Compulsive hand washing often with obsessions of hands being … Continue reading
What is the cure rate for children with OCD? Or, better yet, what is the management rate for children with OCD? Can this disorder be helped in children? Children with obsessive compulsive disorder, OCD, have repeated thoughts, images or impulses … Continue reading
My cousin is pregnant and has a history of depression. Is she at risk for post partum depression? Is post partum depression any different from regular depression? What can I do to help? Post partum depression (PPD) occurs in 10-20% … Continue reading
My twelve-year-old son has become more and more grumpy and angry. He used to be pretty even tempered. I don’t know what is going wrong. What can I do? We all have bad patches, it could be that is what … Continue reading
My thirteen-year-old nephew is always washing his hands. I mean it makes sense to wash your hands several times a day. He washes his hands for hours a day. He tries to hide it but his hands are raw. He … Continue reading